Author : Jonathan Graff-Radford & Angela M. Lunde
Release : 2020-10-06
Genre : Health, Mind & Body
Kind : ebook
Book Rating : /5 ( reviews)
Book Synopsis Mayo Clinic on Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias by : Jonathan Graff-Radford & Angela M. Lunde
Download or read book Mayo Clinic on Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias written by Jonathan Graff-Radford & Angela M. Lunde. This book was released on 2020-10-06. Available in PDF, EPUB and Kindle. Book excerpt: A reference on preventing, treating, and coping with dementia, from “one of the most reliable, respected health resources that Americans have” (Publishers Weekly).
This book from the world-renowned Mayo Clinic offers an update on what experts know about Alzheimer’s and related dementias, including the latest research into treatment and prevention, ways to live well with dementia, and recommendations for caregivers. While Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia, many related types also affect adults worldwide, causing loss of memory, reason, judgment, and other cognitive functions.
Although the diseases that cause dementia have long been considered unrelenting and incurable, recent advances offer hope. This book includes information about:
• What to expect of typical aging and what are the earliest signs of abnormal aging
• Memory loss and other forms of cognitive impairment that may lead to dementia
• Characteristic features of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, including frontotemporal degeneration, Lewy body dementia, and vascular cognitive impairment
• The latest research on Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
• Caring for and supporting someone living with dementia
Are there ways you can lower your risk? Can dementia be prevented? Can you live well with dementia? If so, how? You’ll find answers to these important questions and more in this book.